SEARCH EXTENDED - Executive Director for the New York State Conference of AAUP
The NYS Conference of the American Association of University Professors seeks an Executive Director. This is a part-time consultant/contract position which could supplement other sources of income. The NYS Conference is run by volunteer faculty leaders and there is no centralized office, thus the Executive Director is not provided an office by the Conference, nor are office expenses reimbursed. Approved travel expenses are reimbursable.
Primary duties include:
- maintain NYSC AAUP administrative services, records, and data bases/website;
- monitor information relevant to the work of the AAUP, the NYSC AAUP, and its members;
- engage in contact with politicians /staff members and notify State Conference officers, councils, committee chairs, chapters and members as needed;
- represent the NYSC AAUP, along with the President and/or other officers, at events and build ties with other organizations and unions;
- maintain regular and on-going communications with AAUP National, the Collective Bargaining Congress (CBC), the Assembly of State Conferences (ASC), and chapters in NYS;
- assist the Vice President and the Chair of the Committee on Chapters, Members & Dues with chapter and membership development;
- work closely with officers and the Executive Council;
- provide support for standing committees and councils as well as special committees and task forces; organize and oversee the NYSC AAUP spring and fall meetings.
Applicants are asked to submit the following with their application:
1) cover letter indicating the applicants experience with and/or interest in serving in an executive director capacity; experience with website management and maintaining records and data bases; familiarity and involvement with the AAUP, shared governance, and union work; experience working on political issues and/or with government officials/aides; and experience organizing large-scale meetings
2) a resume/CV
3) a list of three (3) professional references.
Applications must be received by October 1, 2017, for full consideration. Please send applications to Jeffrey Baker, Acting President: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “ED Job Application” in the subject line.