NYS AAUP Conference Elections 2016
Congratulations to our new representatives. The results of the NYSC Election and AAUP National Council District VIII representative were announced April 18th, 2016. Duties and responsibilities of persons holding these positions are enumerated in the NYS Conference Constitution. All active members of the AAUP in New York State were invited to stand for election to a position on the Executive Council. The open positions are listed below.
- NYSC President 2016-2019: Sally Dear-Healey, SUNY Cortland [Bio/Statement] votes: 209
- NYSC Vice-President 2016-2019: Jeffrey Baker, Monroe Community College [Bio/Statement] votes: 211
- NYSC At Large Member 2016-2019 and AAUP ASC Delegate 2018 & 2019: Stephen Goldberg, Adelphi University [Bio/Statement] votes: 219
- NYSC At Large Member 2016-2019 and AAUP ASC Delegate 2018 & 2019: open
- National Council District VIIIMembe: Sally Dear-Healey
The NYSC Election Committee was:
- Pat Cihon [ firstname.lastname@example.org ] - Chair
- Mary Rose Kubal [ MKUBAL@sbu.edu ]
- Anne Friedman [ email@example.com ]
Our Election Process was as follows:
- By January 15th, 2016, biographys and election statements for those that have been nominated will be posted on our nyassup.org website.
- Nominations for the open position and for all positions will include a write-in option. The nominees receiving the most votes will win the election.
- The Election will be piggybacked onto the AAUP National elections that are conducted in the spring and all NYS AAUP Conference will get the NYS Election slate in there AAUP election package.
- Ballots will be mailed to all NYS AAUP members by March 7th at the latest and are due back by April 15th.