NYS AAUP Conference Spring 2017 Agenda and Travel Information
NEW YORK STATE CONFERENCE OF THE AAUP ANNUAL SPRING MEETING
April 28-29, 2017 Register Here
Conference Theme - Strategic Planning, Leadership Development, and Organizing
Meeting Locations: Our Friday business meeting will be held in Theobald Science Center Room 411 (B3 on map) and our Saturday program will be held in Anna Rubin Hall Room 302 (B4 on map)(Campus Map: Directions and Maps
Additional Transportation Information:
By Air: Closest airport is LaGuardia (LDA) but the construction may cause ground transportation delays. Taxi or private car service is needed to get to campus. From JFK, take the Air Train to the Long Island Railroad. The campus is a five minute taxi ride from the LIRR Greenvale station.
By Train: Long Island Railroad to Greenvale Station. The campus is a five minute taxi ride from the LIRR Greenvale station.
By Car: See directions at NYIT website: Directions and Maps
Conference registrations: Please register no later than April 14th using our online registration form to ensure that adequate handouts and materials will available (Link to online registration form).
Registrations will also be accepted up to the day of the meeting and at the door.
Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the Holiday Inn Westbury (369 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY 11514.  997-5000). http://www.hiwestburyhotel.com
If you need us to reserve a room for you, you must register no later than April 14th and ALSO indicate that you need a room reservation on the registration form. Note that your hotel reservation includes a voucher for breakfast at LiLLiES Restaurant (on site).
Friday Evening Dinner: We have dinner reservations at Café Formaggio (307 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY 11514.  333-1718). http://cafeformaggio.com If you will be joining us for dinner, you must register no later than April 14th and ALSO indicate that you will need a dinner reservation on the registration form. The cost of dinner is $60/per person (includes appetizer, salad, entrée, dessert, and wine).
Friday, April 28, 2017 12:00pm - 5:30pm
- 12:00-12:30:Arrival, Registration & Greetings
- 12:30: Call to order:Sally Dear-Healey
- Approval of NYSC Fall 2016 Meeting Minutes (John Polimeni and Mary Rose Kubal) (REPORT)
- President:Sally Dear-Healey (REPORT)
- Vice-President:Jeffrey Baker (REPORT)
- Treasurer: Pat Cihon (REPORT)
- Reports and Plans of Standing Committees:
- Committee A on Academic Freedom and Tenure:Irwin Yellowitz (REPORT)
- Committee on Academic Professionals:Ellen Bosenberg (REPORT)
- Committee on Chapters, Members and Dues:Kate Eskew? (REPORT)
- Committee on College and University Governance:Kimberley Reiser (REPORT)
- Committee on the Economic Status of the Profession:Derek Seidman (REPORT)
- Committee on Faculty Holding Contingent Appointment:Jeffrey Baker (REPORT)
- Committee on Government Relations:Fred Floss (REPORT)
- Committee on Retirement:Frank Higman (REPORT)
- Committee on the Status of Minorities in the Profession:Makini Beck (REPORT)
- Committee on the Status of Women in the Profession:Sally Dear-Healey (REPORT)
- Reports of Councils:
- The National Council:Anne Friedman, Sally Dear-Healey (REPORT)
- The Independent Council
- The CUNY Council:Cecelia McCall (REPORT)
- The SUNY Council:
- The Collective Bargaining Council:James Davis (REPORT)
- Executive Director:NA
- New York Academe Editor:Jeff Kraus
- Old Business
- New Business
6:30-9:30: Dinner Banquet: Café Formaggio, 307 Old Country Road, Carle Place, NY 11514 (approximately one block from the Holiday Inn Westbury), (516) 333-1718
Saturday, April 29th 9:00am-4:00pm
9:15-9:30: Welcome Remarks & Introduction of Speaker(s) - Sally Dear-Healey
9:30-12:00: Strategic Planning, Leadership Development, and Organizing – Joshua Guy Lenes - Speaker Information
1:00-2:00: Break-out sessions for individual group strategizing and planning
2:00-3:00: Re-group for discussion - group strategizing and planning
3:15-3:30: Resolution Endorsement
3:30-4:00: Open Forum
4:00: Thank you and departure – safe travels!